Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My blogging advice.

There is very little I can offer you. I've been blogging since I was about 15 years old. Here I am 7 years later and I don't have much to show for it. But blogging has been a hobby of mine and believe it or not, I've learned a thing or two about blogging.

1. What is your theme?
Mine is my life as a Christ follower. I share with my readers the work that Christ is doing in me so that they can also learn from it.
Stick to your theme. It's what gets people to keep coming back. People want to know what they're expecting when they read your blogs.

2. Post. Edit. Write.
This is what my time consists of on Wednesdays.
First I post a blog. The next thing I do is edit another blog so it's ready for the next week. The last thing I do is write a blog. I might not have the time or the creative energy to write on Wednesday but it's ok because I'm already a week ahead. I work ahead to avoid pressure.

4. Make time.
If you read my blog from a couple weeks ago you already know what this is about. It's important that you set aside a time specifically for the purpose of blogging. Use that time to do the less creative and more laborious parts of blogging. Like editing and posting and promoting for example.

5. Do what you do no matter what.
This is probably the most important point. Keep in mind it's YOUR blog. Even if you are the only one that reads it (and I have a ton of posts that nobody has read) its fine because it's still a part of who you are.


Anyways that's it. I hope it helps. Next week I'm starting a 'series' and it's going to be a lot of fun! (For me anyway).
- Jdwayt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts