Romans 16:17-19
"17 I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18 For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. 19 Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil."
OK so we should always be on our guard. We need to keep in mind the fact that the Bible is the #1 source for information about God.
It's easy to believe some of the stuff out there today. A lot of 'preachers' twist the Bible to make it easier for people to hear. They twist things to make it sound like God wants to bless everyone with millions of dollars. Their only purpose is to gain followers who are naive enough to give them money. Just because it sounds good doesn't always make it true.
There are also 'preachers' that claim that there is no hell. Again, they say this because it sits well with people.
The truth is, we're not always going to hear things we like. However, we must be willing to be open to conviction from the Holy Spirit. Iit's not always pleasant, but it is eternally beneficial.
I know I need to be more open to things I need to hear rather than just be open to the things I like to hear.
That's it tonight, tomorrow I start Acts.
Thanks for reading
-JDWayt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Song of Solomon 8:6-7 NIV "Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jea...
-
Ok so. I didn't post a blog yesterday because I had to be at my church at 8am. I was there until 12:30, had lunch with some friends an...
-
Song of Solomon 1:5-7 NIV "Dark am I, yet lovely, daughters of Jerusalem, dark like the tents of Kedar, like the tent curtains of...
-
I have a problem. I have a lot of hobbies but I can never find time to spend on them. I'm either too tired, too hungry, too busy, to...
-
Romans 9 "16 It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh...
-
Isaiah 2:20-22 NIV "In that day people will throw away to the moles and bats their idols of silver and idols of gold, which they ...
-
Romans 10: 8-13 (NIV84) '8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the word of fai...
-
Song of Solomon 3:1-4 NIV “All night long on my bed I looked for the one my heart loves; I looked for him but did not find him. I will get u...
-
Song of Solomon 5:5-6, 8 NIV "I arose to open for my beloved, and my hands dripped with myrrh, my fingers with flowing myrrh, on ...
-
Romans 8:26-27 (NIV84) "26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spir...
No comments:
Post a Comment