Sunday, February 19, 2012

Romans 8

Romans 8:26-27 (NIV84)

"26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."

I'm posting this tonight because my tablet died yesterday so I had to wait until tonight to blog.

So anyway, I love Romans 8 a lot.  Romans 8 talks about the Holy Spirit living in us.

God's timing is amazing because this week my church has an event this week called "Unceasing".  It's where we get together and we pray 24/7 for the entire week.  Our aim is to have at least one person in the youth room praying at all times.

We had leaders sign up for certain time slots for supervision. However, if there is no one else in the room the leaders are instructed to pray.  As one of the younger leaders, I was obligated to take a graveyard shift from 12am-6am on Tuesday.  Since I will more-than-likely be the only person there, I will probably be praying the whole time.

At first, I was pretty intimidated with the idea of praying for 6 straight hours in the middle of the night. After reading Romans 8 and seeing Paul talk about how the Spirit intercedes for us when we don't know what to pray, I know the Spirit will be willing even though my flesh will be weak.

Honestly, I'm really excited for it now.  Like I really can't wait.  I'm also excited to know that there are people there right now praying.

We kicked off "Unceasing" tonight with a praise and worship set.  After praise and worship I had time so I prayed.  I sat on one of the couches in the room and I only prayed one thing for like 20 minutes.  I just thanked Him for everything.  I began to just cry my eyes out just thinking about everything He's done in my life.  In my heart there was a desire for God to understand how thankful I was.  I also know that was the work of the Spirit in my life.

Well I wish I had more tonight.  Tomorrow I will be posting from the church!


thanks for reading
-JDWayt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts